Friday, June 10, 2016

Meet Our Summer Ministry Intern & Hang Out With Him This Sunday

Greetings all! I am Joe Compton, and I am serving as a student Ministry Intern for the Tuscarawas County Moravian Churches this summer. I am a member of the Dover First Moravian Congregation and will be a sophomore at The Ohio State University this fall semester.

Over my 19 years of being a Moravian in the Tuscarawas Valley, I have been a part of the many program opportunities the churches have to offer, some of which include being an active camper and counselor at Camp Bethany, Epworth, and Tar Hollow.  I was also an active member of the charity Sole Purpose, which raises funds to buy shoes for youth in the local Tuscarawas area.

At Ohio State I partake in a few performing arts groups on campus including the Ohio State University Men’s Glee Club and also Off the Lake Productions, a student run musical theatre group.


This summer as part of my Internship I have put together a hand full of countywide youth and family events that are aimed towards a fun environment that I'll tell you about over the next few days. For starters....

Youth Service Project + Fun Times at Funday's
On June 12th, youth in the area are invited to a service event at The Little Theatre of Tuscarawas County in which an afternoon of good CLEAN fun will take place as we help them clean up the theatre by pulling some weeds in the garden and helping organize their large collection of paints.                                                                                     After the work is done, everyone will be taken to Funday’s for a free root beer. Participants can purchase dinner at their own expanse. The event will be Sunday the 12th from 3-5pm and the theatre’s address can be found online at http://www.thelittletheatreonline.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment